2020 Call for Speakers
Speaker applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!
Are you a dynamic speaker with powerful advice to share? We invite you to impact women’s lives by speaking at the 2020 Quadruplicity women’s conference!
This one-day conference brings together over 300 business professionals and includes education, networking, personal growth, mentoring opportunities and leadership development. The conference will take place on March 13, 2020, at the UVA Inn at Darden in Charlottesville, VA.
We are now accepting speaker applications for Breakout Session workshops related to the four pillars of Quadruplicity: Career, Life, Money and Health.
The deadline to submit a proposal is January 17, 2020, at midnight. Speaker applications will be reviewed for suitability and relevance by the Quadruplicity committee. For the full timeline, please see the bottom of this page.
All proposals must meet the following criteria:
- Presenters clearly communicate knowledge of the content.
- Presenters include clearly defined learning objectives. We are looking for key takeaways that attendees can implement right away.
- Presentations relate to the conference theme “Cultivating Connections.”
- Presentations focus on one of the four pillars of Quadruplicity: Career, Life, Money or Health. Topics need to have a clear link to the supporting pillar selected.
- Does the proposal show that the presentation will keep the audience engaged? Does it inspire adult learning?
- Does the presentation provide different perspectives that challenge the participants’ thinking?
- Optional: include a video of the presenter giving a public presentation. This is not a requirement, but submissions with a video will be placed higher in ranking than submissions without a video.
- If you wish to propose more than one presentation, a separate proposal must be submitted for each presentation.
- If you were selected as a presenter for Quadruplicity 2019, please refrain from submitting a proposal for this year’s conference.
- Please see below for Breakout Session guidelines.
Breakout Session Guidelines
Workshops will be held as concurrent breakout sessions during one of four blocks of time. Up to 12 workshops will be selected to present a 40-minute session, which may be repeated twice during the day. We are seeking three workshops in each pillar.
Each workshop is 40 minutes; this includes introductions and time for Q&A. This is a strict time limit and the workshop must adhere to it.
All rooms will be set theater style with chairs only and will include a basic LCD projector with HDMI connection and a screen. Specific room assignments will not be made until closer to the event.
Each workshop may be presented twice to allow the maximum number of attendees to experience the session.
If you are selected to present, please understand that this is a commitment. Once your workshop is advertised, conference participants make plans to attend your sessions, and cancellations have a negative impact on the entire event. If you must cancel your participation, please notify the conference planners as soon as possible, and absolutely no later than February 5.
Proposal Submission Timeline
- Submission process opens: November 18, 2019
- Submission process closes: January 17, 2020
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: January 24-31, 2020
- Submission of photo and handouts: TBA
- Conference presentation date: March 13, 2020
Questions? Please contact us HERE